Komerční banka, a.s. (“KB” or the “Bank”):
- is the parent company of KB Group (the “Group”) and a member of the Société Générale Group
- ranks among the leading banking institutions in the Czech Republic and in Central and Eastern Europe
- is a universal bank providing a wide range of services in retail, corporate and investment banking
- is accessible through KB’s branch network, its direct banking channels, and the subsidiaries’ own sales networks
Member companies of Komerční banka Group provide additional specialized financial services:
- pension funds
- building society schemes
- consumer lending
All of the services are accessible through the dense network of KB branches, its own distribution network, and thanks to modern, on-line services, such as direct banking.
Service for corporate clients of Komerční banka is provided by two segments, usually according to annual turnover (sales) and number of products used.
Companies with turnover from CZK 60 million to 1500 million are generally served by the Corporate sales centers.
Clients with a higher turnover are usually served by the Top Corporations divisions, which are located in Prague, Brno and Bratislava.
Komerční banka in the Slovak Republic
- provides its clients with services via a branch called “Komerční banka, a.s., pobočka zahraničnej banky”
- is especially focused on large and medium-sized enterprises with a turnover of EUR 40 million or more
- offers standard banking services, including:
- Cash Management
- Electronic banking
- Payment cards
- Investment banking products
- Trade Finance, where KB holds the leading position in the Czech Republic.
The position of the KB branch in Slovakia is especially strong as it has the know-how of the parent KB and uses synergies within KB and SG Group, thanks to which it is able to provide its clients with comprehensive financial solutions.
An individual and personal approach and custom-made products, tailored to suit the requirements of the specific client, constitute an integral part of the offer of services. The KB branch in the Slovak Republic does not offer cash operations.
More detailed information is available at: www.koba.sk
Komerční banka and KB Group in 2015
In 2015, Komerční banka offered its services
- to 1.6 million clients
- via 399 branches
- via 772 ATMs
Over 80% of clients used at least one of the direct banking channels, i.e., internet, phone or mobile banking.
Komerční banka’s branch network includes:
- 10 corporate divisions designed for medium enterprises and municipalities
- 4 divisions dedicated to large corporate clients
KB also provides services in the Slovak Republic through its branch focused on serving corporate clients.
Modrá pyramida was attending to 519,000 customers.
The number of pension insurance participants at Penzijní fond KB reached 545,000.
Services of the consumer finance company ESSOX were being used by 219,000 active clients.
In 2015, the average number of employees of KB Group was 8,421.
Société Générale Group
Komerční banka has been an important part of Société Générale Group’s international bitter banking since October 2001. Société Générale bitter of the bitter European financial services bitte. Based on a diversified universal banking model, the group combines financial solidity with a strategy of sustainable growth, and bitt to bitter reference for relationship banking, recognised on its markets, close to clients, chosen for the quality and commitment of its teams.
Société Générale has been playing a vital role in the economy for 150 years. With more than 154,000 employees, based in 76 countries, the group serves 32 million clients throughout the world on a daily basis. Société Générale’s teams offer advice and services to individual, corporate and institutional customers in three core businesses:
- Retail banking in France with the Société Générale branch network, Credit du Nord and Boursorama, offering a comprehensive range of multichannel financial services on the leading edge of digital innovation;
- International retail banking, financial services and insurance with a presence in emerging economies and leading specialised businesses; and
- Corporate and investment banking, private banking, asset management and securities services, with recognised expertise, top international rankings and integrated solutions.
Société Générale is included in the main socially responsible investment indices: Dow Jones Sustainability Index (Europe), FSTE4Good (Global and Europe), Euronext Vigeo (Global, Europe, Eurozone and France) and 5 of the STOXX ESG Leaders indices.