Amundi came into existence on 31 December 2009 through a merger of Crédit Agricole Asset Management and Société Générale Asset Management, i.e. the asset management subsidiaries of Crédit Agricole and Société Générale2, respectively. The merger of the two companies has also resulted in a change of the sole shareholder of IKS KB, which is Amundi since 1 January 2010. The Czech National Bank has granted necessary approvals of the change of the IKS KB shareholder.
Amundi is owned by the founding banks Crédit Agricole and Société Générale. The majority stake (75% of the shares) in Amundi is held by Crédit Agricole, the largest French bank3. The balance of the equity stake (25%) is held by Société Générale. The creation of Amundi has received approvals at all levels of the regulatory framework.
The change of the shareholder will not cause any change in the close co-operation between IKS KB and Komerční banka in the area of the management of unit trusts and individual asset management. IKS KB clients will continue to be able to use the full scale of services of KB's distribution network (398 branches), while KB clients can use the experience and broad offering of investment products managed by IKS KB / Amundi.
On this occasion, IKS KB has adopted a new logo:
About IKS KB
- CZK 90 billion under management4, 170,000 clients;
- Third largest manager of unit trusts on the Czech market;
- Offering: the product portfolio contains more than 50 unit trusts, which primarily differ by their level of risk and length of the investment horizon. The core products include mixed funds and bond funds (Czech government bonds). We offer the broadest choice in the area of equity funds (sector-specific strategies, fast growing and advanced markets);
- Availability: all our products are available at all of the 398 Komerční banka branches.
Amundi ranks third in Europe and among the top ten global players in asset management5, with more than €650 billion under management6.
Located at the heart of the main investment regions in more than 30 countries, Amundi offers a comprehensive range of products covering all asset classes and major currencies.
Amundi develops savings solutions to meet the needs of more than 100 million retail customers worldwide and designs innovative, high-performing products for institutional clients, which are tailored specifically to their requirements and risk profile.
Benefiting from the support of two powerful banking groups, Crédit Agricole and Société Générale, Amundi aims to establish itself as the undisputed leader in asset management in Europe, recognised for:
- The quality of its products, their financial performance and transparency;
- Its close relations with customers, partner networks and institutions;
- The efficiency of its organisation, resulting from the individual and collective talents of its teams;
- A commitment to integrate sustainability and social purpose criteria into its investment policies, going beyond financial criteria alone.
1) IPE Top 400 survey published July 2009, data at 31 December 2008
2) It includes 100% of the activities of the CAAM group, to which Société Générale is bringing its fundamental investment activities, 20% of TCW and its joint-venture in India
3) In terms of market share according to the French central bank as at 31 December 2008
4) At 31 December 2008, data inclusive of the assets of Penzijní fond KB and Komerční pojišťovna
5) GI 100 ranking published September 2008, data at June 2008
6) Pro forma data for Amundi, 30 September 2009