Do you plan on purchasing some products online at a suspiciously low price? We advise you to carefully verify your counterparty. Moreover, you should not transfer any funds in advance.
There is an increase in reports of fake ads offering electronics, cars or agricultural machinery. Are you planning on replying to an offer like this? You should pay attention to the following details:
- Unreasonably low price coupled with a request for full or partial payment in advance;
- Products are located abroad;
- Delivery by a middleman, who would guarantee delivery of the goods and/or potential refund;
- Ads may be written in broken Czech or in English, published on Czech or foreign websites or forums;
- Even though websites of advertisers or forwarding agencies may look credible, there is no guarantee your products would ever arrive.
In case you have any doubt at all, do not transfer any money. Make the best effort to verify the given offer so that you do not end up buying a pig in a poke.