You can view your PIN in the Mobilní banka app or in your MojeBanka Internet banking.
If you are unable to do that, you can also apply for a PIN to be sent again:
- Use your MojeBanka Internet banking – go to Cards – Card summary and Card details
- Visit a KB branch
- Contact the KB Card Customer Service at +420 955 512 230
For a fee for the PIN delivery, see the Pricelist.
More information about receiving a PIN
- PIN may be requested by a holder of an account, to which the relevant card is issued, or a cardholder, as appropriate
- Only cardholders may view their PIN using their Mobilní banka / Mobilní banka Business app or MojeBanka / MojeBanka Business Internet banking
- It is possible to view a PIN in the currently supported versions of Mobilní banka / Mobilní banka Business app and MojeBanka / MojeBanka Business Internet banking according to the applicable Technical Terms and Conditions
How to use decoding table and determine your PIN using SMS
- Send a text message (SMS) from the mobile phone number entered in your payment card application, in the format:
KB KOD 12345678 including spaces to +420 736 304 030
(Associated fees will be charged based on the tariff agreed with your mobile phone operator.)
- You will receive a text message reply with four letters - e.g. CFHE
- Write down the letters, in the exact order, in the “PIN identification table”. In the “PIN decoding table”, specific numbers are assigned to individual letters. These numbers represent your PIN
Example: For letters CFHE the correct PIN is 2574. The PIN 2457 is incorrect, as the order of the letters from the reply text message was not followed.
What should I do if I do not like my card PIN?
Your card PIN is only intended for you and only you. You should be able to memorise it – do not write it anywhere for security reasons. You can simply change it at any KB ATM.
When should I change my PIN?
- If you do not like it
- It is also recommended to change a PIN after certain time
- You should change your PIN immediately, if you suspect that someone else might know it. If you suspect that your card might be misused, contact the KB Card Customer Service at +420 955 512 230 (available 24/7) and have your card blocked
How should I choose my new PIN?
Above all, you should keep your PIN confidential – it should thus be easy to remember. On the other hand, for security reasons, you should not use very easy combinations as your new PIN – such as four identical numbers (e.g. 1111) or four consecutive numbers (e.g. 1234 or 8765). Moreover, you should not use other numbers that can be easily identified – e.g. numbers that relate to family members’ names, birthdays, telephone numbers or number combinations of alarms, safety deposit boxes, door access systems, etc.
TIP: If you cannot remember your new PIN, you can view at any time – see instructions above.
Do not forget our safety and security recommendations for your PIN:
- The card PIN is only intended for you. Do not disclose it to anyone – not even your family members.
- Do not write your PIN on your card or carry it with your card.
- Always input your PIN alone, without any third-party assistance. Do not input your PIN into any other devices, such as door access systems.
- Prior to viewing your PIN in the Internet or mobile banking, make sure that no one can see it.
- Never use your PIN for payments on the Internet.